As classic as cake gets and it’s a cinch to make
- 2 cups (4 sticks) salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 9 large eggs
- 1 lb (3 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 325.Grease 9×5 inch pan loafs with butter set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl ,cream together butter and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until pale and fluffy for about 10 minutes.
- Scrape down sides of bowl,reduce speed then add extracts if using.
- Add eggs one at a time beating in between addditions.
- Reduce speed to low then gradually add flour,mix until incorporated.
- Pour butter evenly between the two pans and smooth tops wiith a rubber spatuula.
- bake until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean for about 1 hour.
- Let it cool in the pans for about 30mins before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.