This Chocolate and Vanilla Marble Loaf Cake is thick and rich in butter combined into one decadent and to-die-for cake!
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (or less depending on taste)
- 1 cup castor sugar
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- Cocoa paste (¼ cup cocoa + 2 tablespoons boiling water. Stir till smooth)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C. Line the bottom and grease the sides of one 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Whisk together first three ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla essence.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, alternating with buttermilk.
- Set aside 1/3 of this batter.
- Add cocoa paste to the reserved batter and stir till well combined.
- Spoon the batters in the prepared pan. Add one tablespoon of vanilla batter followed by the chocolate batter. Level the top with a spoon. Run a table knife or the back of a spoon in swirling motion through the batters to get to get a marbling effect.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Transfer pan to a rack to cool for 10 minutes. Turn out the cake from pan and cool completely on the rack.