This is a great summer salad recipe for barbecues.
- 3 sweetcorn cobs, husks and silks removed
- Olive oil spray
- 200g grape or mini roma tomatoes, halved
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 cup coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 Jalapeno chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g thick sliced leg ham off-the-bone, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, halved and sliced lengthways
- 2 tbs lime juice
- Lime wedges, tortillas and reduced fat sour cream, to serve
- Soak corn cobs in cold water for 15 minutes. Heat a char-grill or barbecue over high heat. Spray corn with oil and char-grill or barbecue, turning often, for 4-5 minutes until just charred and tender. Transfer to a board. Set aside to cool. Slice kernels from cobs and set aside.
- Combine corn kernels, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, coriander, chilli and ham in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine. Peel, halve and slice avocado lengthways and drizzle with lime juice. Add avocado to salad. Serve with lime wedges, tortillas and sour cream.