This recipe is a great transformation of potatoes with traditional Indian flavors to spice up your taste if you get bored of eating those common daily meals. It is a delicious Indian side dish and is quite easier to make. Moreover, it will be appreciated by each family member, even your kids as it tastes super authentic.
- 15g ginger – peeled and grated
- 3-4 chopped garlic cloves
- 5-6 chopped large tomatoes
- 3 large potatoes and cut them into halves
- 3-4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 small thinly sliced onions
- 2-3 green chilies – cut them into halves, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons of coriander powder
- Half teaspoon of turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons of garam masala
- 1 cup of chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Salt as per the taste
- Take a food processor and add ginger, garlic cloves, and 2 tomatoes in it and blend these ingredients to make a smooth paste. Once it is done, set it aside.
- Now, take a large saucepan and add potatoes in it. Cover them with water and bring them to boil from medium heat to simmer for around 10-12 minutes or until they become tender. Drain and let them cool.
- In the meantime, take a non-stick pan and heat oil on medium heat. Now sauté onion and sprinkle a pinch of salt and cook them for 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden.
- Next, add mustard seeds, chilies, turmeric, coriander powder, cumin powder, and garam masala and sauté these ingredients for 1-2 minutes before adding tomato mixture.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and add potatoes and the remaining one tomato. Let it cook for a few minutes until all spices are mixed well with potatoes.
- Garnish Bombay potatoes with chopped coriander leaves to serve.