Making guacamole at home is not as hard as you might think. The classic Mexican dip is so much tastier if you make it yourself compared to buying a pot from the shops and our homemade recipe will show you how. It takes just 10 minutes to prepare and it’s so easy, plus it makes a delicious dip to share at a party.
- 1 ripe avocado
- drizzle of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ fresh chilli, finely chopped
- ½ small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
How to prepare
- Halve the avocado, remove the stone and scrape the flesh into a bowl. Add a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper and mash with a fork – you want to keep it chunky, rather than smooth.
- Add the lime juice and stir so that it comes together. Add the chilli, red onion and tomato, then stir in the chopped coriander. Mix well, then check the seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Cover the surface of the guacamole dip with clingfilm to prevent discolouration and then store in the fridge until ready to serve.