This chiffon cake made with yogurt is super fluffy and soft as a cloud it will melt in your mouth.
- 4 Egg yolk
- 60 grams (1/2 cup/ 2.5 oz) of Cake flour
- 20 grams Cornflour
- 50 ml Vegetable oil
- 150ml Yoghurt (plain flavor)
- Separate the eggs from the yolks then with a wire whisk, whisk the egg yolks until homogenous then add 150 ml of yogurt, and continue to mix until well combined. Add 50 ml of oil and mix it in for about 3 minutes or until the oil, yogurt and eggs are well combined.
- For the dry ingredients, in another bowl, sift 60 grams of cake flour and 20 grams of cornstarch then give them a light mix and start adding the dry to the wet ingredients and gently fold everything until you get a smooth batter with no lumps then set the batter aside. To the bowl with the egg whites, add a few drops of lemon juice or white vinegar, or cream of tartar then mix it on high speed until bubbles start to appear.
- Add 65 grams of caster sugar slowly while mixing on medium-high speed until you reach a soft peak then continue beating on low speed until the egg whites have reached a stiff peak. Only if the meringue is properly made, the volume and texture of the cake will be nice. Add one-third of the meringue to the cake batter and fold it in a circular motion until well mixed then pour the mixture to the bowl with the meringue and continue to fold the same way until well combined.
- You will need an 8-inch loose-bottom baking pan, pour the batter into the baking pan and tap the pan a few times on the counter to get rid of any air bubbles in the batter. Smoothen the top then bake in a 280 degrees Fahrenheit (140 degrees C) oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Once baked, let the cake cool down upside down until completely cooled then start de-molding the cake from the pan by running a spatula in the edge of the pan to free the cake.