This homemade cornbread is soft, moist, and buttery. After trying this buttermilk cornbread recipe with crisp-crunchy edges you will never try other recipe. The recipe is super simple and baked in a simple baking pan. Serve it with some butter and honey and enjoy!
- 1 cup (125g) All-purpose flour
- 1 cup (120g) Yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) Butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (67g) white/brown sugar or honey
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) Buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease an 8-inch (20cm) square baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk flour, cornmeal, salt, baking powder, baking soda. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk melted butter and sugar. Then, add eggs and whisk until combined. Add buttermilk and whisk until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until combined. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on top, until and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to slightly cool before slicing. Serve with butter and honey or jam.