This cheesecake is different from the normal New York-style cheesecake.
- 250g cream cheese
- 60g (1/4 cup/ 2Oz) Sugar
- 5g of Cake flour
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 Egg
- 150g/ 5.3IOz Whipping cream
- Put 250 grams of room temperature cream cheese in a bowl and use a spatula to mash the cream. Remember all the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Once the cream cheese is very smooth, add 60 grams of sugar and continue mixing until the sugar is dissolved. When the sugar is dissolved, add in 5grams of flour(any kind) then using a whisk, whisk the flour in until combined then set aside. Separate one egg yolk from the whites and add the yolk into the cream cheese mixture together with one whole egg and mix till incorporated.
- Add 150ml of whipping cream and whisk it in. The batter will be more watery than the normal cheesecake batter so don’t worry about it. For this recipe, you will be using a 14cm round cake mould, you can swap it for 15 or 16cm. Line the bottom and sides of the cake mould with parchment paper and pour the batter into the mould.
- Tap the cake mould on your counter to remove any air trapped in the batter then bate in a 220C preheated oven for 28 to 30 minutes. Once baked, the cake will jiggle when you shake but it will set once cooled. Let the cake cool aside in the pan and once cooled, lift the parchment paper to free the cake onto a serving plate. This cake is creamy, easy to make and so delicious. Satisfy your cheesecake cravings with this Burnt cheesecake cake.