These cupcakes are great with coffee!! The cream cheese filling is such a fun surprise when you bite into it!
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. In small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended.
- For filling, in another small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add egg; beat on low just until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Drop filling by tablespoonfuls into center of each cupcake. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the pumpkin portion comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.