These homemade biscuit-style cookies are super crunchy and tasty with each bite.
- 4 tbsp butter softened at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cooking oil flavorless, like canola
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp chopped cashews
- 2 tbsp chopped pistachios
- 2 tbsp chopped almond
- warm milk or warm water as needed, for kneading
- In a mixing bowl, beat together softened butter at room temperature and sugar. Use an electric hand mixer on a medium-speed setting and beat until the butter mixture is fluffy.
- Add the canola oil and beat for another minute.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Then add these dry ingredients to the butter, sugar, and oil mixture.Add the mixed nuts and use a spatula to mix everything.
- Combine the crumbly cookie dough using your hands.
- Begin adding a little of the warm milk (gradually as needed) or warm water to knead the dough. Make a firm ball of dough.If it’s still too crumbly, add another tablespoon of milk and combine.
- Use a cookie scoop or your hands to make small balls of the cookie dough. Place the balls on a greased cookie sheet (or line it with parchment paper). Put enough space between the balls so they can expand while baking.
- Press the balls gently with a fork or your thumb. Don’t press too hard, or they may split.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Keep the baked cookies on the baking sheet until they completely cool down