This is a moist and fragrant orange cake known simply as orange cake to get started, grease your baking pan with butter and dust it with your flour. Next, sift your all/purpose flour with baking powder do this twice and put it aside then zest and juice the oranges and set it aside. Next, get your butter and place it in the stand mixer bowl and add in your granulated sugar and cream them together until light and fluffy.
- 1¾ cup (265g) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1¼ sticks butter (2/3 cup/141g) (softened)
- ¾ cup (165g) sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup (120ml) milk
- 3 oz (90ml) orange juice
- Zest from 1 orange
- Grease and flour an 8-in x 4-in loaf pan or 8-inch baking tin. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda into a medium-sized bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time until combined.
- Add half the flour mixture, half of the milk, and half of the orange juice. Beat at low speed. Then add remaining flour mixture, milk, and orange juice. Continue to beat until combine.
- Fold in orange zest.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool on wire rack.