Cakes are the quintessential dessert. They’re most popular as dessert for special celebrations like birthdays and weddings. Moreover, they’re also great for wrapping up meals with something nice and airy. Make your favorite cake with our amazing cake recipes!
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 5×5 inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the egg, sugar, and butter together until creamy and well combined.
- Add the flour, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Mix until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve the lemon pound cake. Enjoy!