This cake is perfect anytime, its made with cream cheese then sliced and filled with whipped cream, this cake is tender and delicate, full of fluffiness.
- Cake flour 50g
- Corn starch 5g
- Milk 40ml
- Cream cheese 50g
- Corn oil 15ml
- Granulated sugar 45g
- 3 Egg yolks
- 3 Egg white
- Cream cheese 120g
- Whipping cream 70g
- Powdered sugar 10g
- In a mixing bowl, soften cream cheese and milk over a pot of hot water then add oil and keep whisking until smooth with no lumps. Sift 50 grams of cake flour and 5 grams of corn starch and mix it in until the dry ingredients are combined and you have a mass of dough then add 3 egg yolks one at a time and mix the yolks until you get a smooth homogenous mixture.
- In a separate bowl with three egg whites, add a couple of drops of lemon juice then start making the meringue by whisking the whites on high speed until its foamy and has doubled in volume. Add sugar in batches while whisking on medium speed until the egg whites near stiff peaks. Add a third of teh meringue to the egg yolk mixture and mix it until combined then pour the mixture to the bowl with the meringue and fold it in with a spatula until from bottom to top.
- Don’t be aggressive with the batter at this point because you will break the structure of the meringue and the cake will not come out soft as it should. Mix until the meringue and the batter is completely mixed then pour the batter in a 6-inch round cake tin and bake the cake in 280 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Once out of the oven, place the cake on a wire rack and let it cool down completely. For the cream filling, add 120 grams of cream cheese in a mixing bowl and whisk it to soften, set that aside. In another bowl, add whipped cream, vanilla extract and sugar then whip it until silky and smooth. Mix the cream cheese and the whipped cream mixture until smooth then pour the mixture in a piping bag.
- Cut the cake into quarters then take each quarter and slice it halfway through then squeeze in the cream cheese mixture, dust the top with powdered sugar then serve. Enjoy this cloud, melt in your mouth cake with a cup of tea.