Calling out to all bread enthusiast who is looking for an effortless bread recipe. I’ve got you covered with this no-knead bread recipe. Its making process is perfectly easy and it yields a super fluffy bread like no other. Highly recommend it for a new-bread-baker as well!
- 140 g (1/2 cup + 4 tsp) warm milk
- 4 g (1 tsp) granulated sugar for yeast
- 4 g (1/2 tbsp) active dry yeast
- 38 g egg room temperature
- 250 g (2 cup) bread flour or high protein flour
- 24 g (2 tbsp) granulated sugar
- 5 g (3/4 tsp) table salt
- 32 g (2 tbsp) unsalted butter melted
- granulated sugar for topping
- cold butter strips for topping
- Combine warm milk (about 110°F/43°C) and 4 grams of sugar. Then sprinkle the yeast on top of the liquid. Let sit for 5-10 minutes until it gets foamy.
- Beat an egg lightly until loose. Add 38 grams of the egg into the activated yeast. Refrigerate the leftover egg for egg wash later. Stir the yeast mixture to combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, salt, and 24 grams of sugar. Add the yeast mixture. Combine thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Add the melted butter and mix until it is fully absorbed. Shape the dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap or damp towel and let sit for 20 minutes in a warm area.
- Flour a dough scraper or your fingers if doing it directly. Scrape or grab one side of the dough and fold it into the middle. Repeatedly scrape and fold the other sides in. Do at least 10 folds in total. Then cover and let sit for another 20 minutes.
- Scrape and fold the dough 10 more times. Cover and rest further for 30 minutes.
- Transfer out the dough onto a floured surface. Cut it into 3 equal pieces, then shape each into a ball. Let them sit for 15 minutes with a cover.
- Take 1 dough. Flatten it into an oval shape with a rolling pin. Tightly roll from the short edge to form a log. Pinch the end seam to seal it tight. Repeat with the other dough.
- Place the rolls, seam side down, in a 9×6-inches (23 x 15 cm) loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and rest it for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Brush the top with the leftover egg from earlier. Using a scissor, cut along the center of the dough surface. Place strips of cold butter into the center. Sprinkle the top of butter with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.