There’s nothing quite as exciting as fluffy and warm homemade vanilla cupcakes. Try this one of a kind, sweet recipe that is perfect for any occasion.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- Adjust rack to lower third of oven; preheat the oven to 375°F. Place paper cupcake liners in a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt onto a piece of waxed paper.
- Place the milk in a small bowl. Stir in the vanilla.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter until smooth, about 30 seconds. Add the sugar in a slow, steady stream beating until light and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing until the batter is light and creamy, and scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl after each addition. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the liquid ingredients in 4 additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until the top of the muffins springs back when lightly touched, and a wooden toothpick inserted in the cakes comes out free of uncooked batter.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to wire racks to cool completely.