Lemon Pound Cake – buttery, sweet and lemony pound cake with sugary glaze. This lemon pound cake recipe is so good you’ll want it every day!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- zest of one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease and flour a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan or 3 tins of a mini loaf pan; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with an electric mixer until just blended. Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and lemon zest and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan or mini loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the middle of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
- To make the glaze, whisk all ingredients together. Pour over cooled loaf.