This Super creamy lemon pound cake is moist, soft, has a well balanced lemon flavor and is easy to make too! Bake this for your friends and family.
- Egg- 100 gm
- Sugar- 116 gm
- Salt- a pinch
- Cooking cream- 50 gm
- Lemon zest- 1 lemon
- Flour- 90 gm
- Baking powder- 1.5 gm
- Butter- 15 gm
- Icing Sugar- 50 gm
- Lemon Juice- 1 lemon
- Water- as required
- Start off by beating the room temperature eggs and sugar in a bowl using a hand beater or a whisk in a stand mixer.
- Add all the dry ingredients and the zest and blend.
- Add melted butter and blend till smooth.
- Line a loaf cake tin using parchment paper or using butter paper and oil.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least two hours, ideally 6 hours. You can also choose to skip this step if you are in a rush. Resting the batter gives you better results.
- To make the lemon icing, just mix all the ingredients and add water depending on how thick you want your glaze or icing to be.
- To make sugar syrup, just place all ingredients in the pan and boil till the sugar melts and the syrup comes to slightly thicker consistency.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees Centigrade or 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Centigrade or 356 degrees Fahrenheit for 50 minutes. Make sure you check the cake at intervals of 20 minutes and then every 10 minutes because every oven is different, however 20 mins is the minimum time the cake will take to bake.
- Once you take it out of the oven, remove from the tin and brush generously with the sugar syrup.