This cake is super soft and cloudy, it has a fresh and tangy yoghurt flavour with a subtle honey fragrance.
- 3 eggs (each egg is 60g including shell)
- 200ml Greek yoghurt (3/4 cup)
- 30ml vegetable oil (2 tbsp)
- 15ml honey (1 tbsp)
- 20g all-purpose flour (2 tbsp)
- 18g corn starch (2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- a pinch of salt
- 60g sugar
- Preheat the oven to 150C, line the baking pan with baking paper and cover the pan with aluminium foil because you will be baking the cake in a hot water bath.
- Start by separating three egg whites from the yolks. Into the bowl with the egg yolks, lightly beat them then add 30 ml of vegetable oil into the yolks and mix well. Add 200 grams of sugar-free Greek yoghurt with 15 ml of honey and mix well. Sift 20 grams and 18 grams of cornstarch into the mixture and mix until the batter becomes smooth. Set it aside.
- Bring the egg whites and add 1 tsp of lemon juice (15ml) and a pinch of salt then beat on high speed until it starts to foam. Gradually add 60 grams of sugar in three additions and continue beating until the meringue reaches a medium peak. Add a third of the meringue to the cake batter and fold to combine then pour the mixture into the remaining egg whites mixture.
- Slowly fold them from the bottom up while rotating the bowl until you have a uniform mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared baking tin and flatten the top then gently tap it on the counter to remove any trapped air. Place the pan over a tray and add water to the tray to make a water bath for baking. Bake in a 150- degrees celsius oven for 50 minutes.
- Once baked removes from the oven and let the cake cool down for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Plate the cake and serve.