The slices of bananas made the cake looked quite “nasty”..But wait….Do not judge a cake by it’s cover!! the taste was..ermm..Bombastic!!
- 180g Butter (I used 140g Unsalted Butter)
- 180g Fine sugar (I used 70g White Sugar & 30g Brown Sugar)
- 2 Extra Large Eggs – Lightly Beaten
- 250g Cake flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 220g Bananas – mashed
- 50g Dairy whip cream
- 1/2 tsp Banana essence or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 bananas – Sliced
- Cream butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Pour in eggs gradually and beat till creamy.
- Add in whip cream (evaporated milk), mashed bananas and banana essence(vanilla essence). Mix well.
- Add in cake flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and beat for a while only.
Do not over mix!
- Pour into an 8″ round tray, and arrange sliced bananas on top.
- Bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or until skewer comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool and enjoy