This cake is a buttery sour cream Bundt, layered with a ribbon of brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans in the middle, and topped with vanilla icing. It’s hard to imagine a Bundt cake more delicious than this!
- Baking spray with flour
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. table salt
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 container sour cream
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. whole milk
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat a (14- to 16-cup) Bundt pan with baking spray.
- Beat butter with a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. With mixer running on medium speed, gradually add granulated sugar, beating until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined after each addition.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- With mixer running on low speed and beating until just combined after each addtion, add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat in 1 tablespoon of the vanilla.
- Pour half of batter into prepared pan. Stir together toasted pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly over batter in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter over pecan mixture, carefully spreading in an even layer.
- Bake in preheated oven until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 60 to 75 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack, about 2 hours.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth. Spoon glaze over cooled cake.