Warm, buttery grilled corn is brilliant topped with creamy mayonnaise and shaved pecorino cheese in this Mexican style recipe. Serve as a side with grilled meat and fresh salads.
- 8 corn cobs, silk removed, husks attached
- 80 gram butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (150g) good-quality mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup (20g) finely grated pecorino cheese
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- Tie or plait the corn husks. Cook the corn on a heated oiled grill plate (or grill or barbecue) over medium-high heat for about 10 minutes or until lightly charred all over and tender.
- Meanwhile, place butter and mayonnaise in two separate shallow bowls.
- Roll the corn in the butter and then in the mayonnaise. Transfer to a serving plate; sprinkle with cheese and chilli. Season with salt.