It is one of the easiest cake you will ever make with simple ingredients. You are going to need a mixer a tube pan spray the pan and preheat the oven at 325F now let’s begin.
- 1 cup butter room temperature, salted or unsalted, I use this
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening I use this
- 8 ounces mascarpone room temperature
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups granulated white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour recommended
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract I use this
- 1 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Coat a 10-inch tube pan or bundt pan with solid vegetable shortening, then sprinkle with granulated sugar. Or, spray with cake release, my favourite
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, shortening, and mascarpone until smooth.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy, mixture will lighten in colour slightly.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Slowly add flour to the mixture and combine.
- Add vanilla, butter, and almond extracts and combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake 1 hour and 15 to 20 minutes or until pick inserted in centre comes out clean or with ‘dry’ crumbs.
- Allow cooling on the countertop on a wire rack 15 minutes before inverting on a serving tray. Cool completely before covering.
- A cake can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter-top for 3 to 4 days or refrigerator for one week.