Reinvent a classic childhood flavour with these easy cereal milk ice creams, sprinkled with cornflakes and honey. Soak cornflakes in milk before whisking together with cream and icing sugar and freezing until set – the perfect summer treat for kids.
- 100g cornflakes
- 350ml whole milk
- 350ml double cream
- 50g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp clear honey, warmed gently (to make it runnier)
- Put 50g cornflakes in a bowl and pour over the milk. Set aside for 20 mins. Strain the milk into a bowl, using your hands to squeeze any milk from the cornflakes. Discard the soft cornflakes.
- Put the cream and icing sugar in a large bowl and whisk to soft peaks with an electric whisk. Pour in the cereal milk and whisk for another 1 min or until incorporated.
- Pour into 10 lolly moulds and freeze for 5-6 hrs, stirring halfway and inserting a lolly stick into the centre of each.
- Crush the remaining cornflakes to crumbs using your hands. Spread thinly over a sheet of nonstick baking paper. Remove the lollies from their moulds, brush the top halves lightly with honey, then half-cover with the crushed cornflakes, spreading with your fingers to smooth any clumps. Serve immediately or return to the freezer (on a lined tray) until ready to serve.