Many children like chocolate-flavored cakes and desserts. In order to make the flavor of this chocolate chiffon cake more rich and layered, this recipe also adds chocolate chips in and on the cake.
- 6 egg yolks,room temperature
- ⅓ teaspoon fine salt
- 55g caster sugar
- 160g milk
- 80g corn oil or other vegetable oil
- 135g low gluten flour
- 25g cocoa powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- 75g chocolate chips
- 25g chocolate chips for decoration
- 6 egg whites,room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 120g caster sugar
- Place a pan of water (about 2 cups) in the oven and preheat the oven to 160°C/320°F.
- Sift together low-gluten flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and 75 grams of chocolate chips and mix well. Set aside the flour-coated chocolate chips.
- Mix egg yolks, salt and sugar together. Add milk and mix well. Add oil and mix well. Sift in the flour and mix until combined.
- Beat egg whites at low speed until stiff peaks form. Add cream of tartar and continue beating until fine foam. Slowly add the caster sugar and continue beating at low speed until dry peaks form (the meringue will form a straight shape when the mixer is pulled up). (Warm reminder: There should be no oil or water in the egg whites and egg white-beating utensils, including egg yolks. It is recommended to use dishwashing detergent to clean the egg shells and utensils, and then wipe them dry with a clean cloth. Use a clean small Use a bowl to separate the yolks and whites. If the yolk is cracked, don’t use the white.)
- Add the meringue to the batter in 4 batches and mix gently with a manual mixer.
- Then stir gently with a spatula until completely mixed.
- Add the floured chocolate chips and mix well.
- Tap the mixing bowl on the table several times to burst large air bubbles, then pour the batter into a 22-cm hollow live-bottom chiffon baking pan (do not grease it), and tap the baking pan lightly on the table several times. Decorate the surface with 25 grams of chocolate chips.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake at 160°C/320°F for 45 minutes, then increase the temperature to 180°C/355°F and bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until golden brown. (Warm reminder: Since the temperature of each oven is different, the recommended time is for reference only. Please adjust the baking time according to your own oven.)
- After taking it out of the oven, turn the cake upside down on a wire rack (at least half a foot away from the table) and let it rest until it cools completely.
- Once completely cooled, unmold the cake.