This Pumpkin Spice Cake Roll with Maple Bourbon Cream has everything that there is to love about fall involved! The bourbon spiked maple cream filling really complements the pumpkin sponge cake! Fall just got a whole lot better with this dessert in your future!
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- Confectioners sugar (for decorating)
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray a jelly roll pan with cooking spray, then line with wax paper. Spray the top of the wax paper with more cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a small bowl.
- Prepare a cotton kitchen towel by sprinkling with confectioners sugar.
- Beat eggs and sugar in large mixing bowl until thick. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately turn cake onto prepared towel.
- Peel off paper and roll cake and towel together, starting on the narrow end. Cool.
- Beat Cream cheese, 1 cup confectioners sugar, butter, maple syrup, and bourbon in a small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Carefully unroll cake and spread with cream cheese filling. Rerolle cake and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- To serve, slice cake and serve with confectioners sugar before serving.