Paper wrapped Cupcakes may not look very fancy but hey, sometimes the best things in life are simple, right? I certainly think so in this case!
- 6 large egg yolks
- 6 large egg whites
- 100g castor sugar
- 45g cooking oil
- 60ml milk
- 105g cake flour (low protein)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and 40g castor sugar together with a whisk to slightly pale. Add in oil, milk and flour, then well mixed together.
- In a mixer bowl with whisk attachment, beat egg white till foamy on medium speed. Add in 60g of castor sugar in 3 additions on high speed till stiff peak.
- Fold in egg white meringue into egg yolks batter in 3 additions using a whisk or spatula.
- Scoop batter into cupcake cases till ¾ full, then put into preheated oven bake for 12-15 mins on centre rack or till cake tester comes out clean.
- Once removed from oven, put cupcakes on wire rack and let the cupcakes lying on the side to stop them from shrinking.