Brownie butter cake – thick brownie and rich butter cake combined into one decadent and to-die-for cake!
- 120 g unsalted butter
- 100 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 2 g baking powder
- 50 ml fresh milk
For the Brownie
- 140 g dark chocolate (broken into pieces)
- 50 g unsalted butter
- 50 g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 35 g all-purpose flour
- Grease and line a 10cm x 20cm (4×8-in) loaf pan with aluminium foil.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- To make brownie, melt chocolate and butter over low heat. Remove and leave to cool slightly. Stir in brown sugar until blended.
- Add in egg, mix well. Fold in flour, mix until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove.
- To make butter cake, beat butter with sugar until creamy. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in sifted flour and baking powder, alternately add in fresh milk, mix to form batter.
- Spread the butter cake batter over brownie, bake in oven at 160°C (320°F) for 25-30 minutes or until cooked. Insert a cake tester in the middle to check doneness.