These garlic dinner rolls are incredibly fluffy,
- 4 cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 oz Package of Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1/3 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 cup of Milk
- 1/3 cup of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 3 Egg Yolks
- 3 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter,
- 4 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup of Freshly Grated Parmiggiano Reggiano, divided
- 1 Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- In a small saucepan, add the milk and butter and warm it just enough until the butter melts (use a candy thermometer to make sure the mixture reaches 120 degrees).
- In the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a dough hook, add the warm butter and milk mixture and sprinkle the yeast over the top. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- To the yeast mixture, add the flour, half of the parmesan, sugar, egg yolks and salt and mix with the speed on low just until the flour is incorporated.
- Increase the speed to medium-high and knead the dough for about 5 to 7 minutes or until it is nice and smooth and pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Lightly grease a bowl with some olive oil and set aside.
- Once the dough is nice and smooth, form into a ball and place it seam side down in the oiled bowl and grease the top and sides of the dough with a little oil as well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it somewhere warm for about an hour or until it has almost doubled in size.
- In a small saucepan, cook the garlic and butter together for a few minutes or until the garlic becomes fragrant but not brown, set aside.
- Lightly grease a 9×13” baking dish with either vegetable oil or butter and set aside.
- Dump the dough onto your work surface and deflate it. Cut the dough into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Place the buns seam side down into your buttered baking dish and set aside.
- Brush the top of the buns with the garlic butter and scatter the remaining parmesan all over the top followed by the Italian seasoning.
- Cover them with plastic wrap and allow them to sit in a nice warm place for about an hour or until they are about one and a half times bigger than the original size.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 375 degrees and position one of the oven racks into the centre of the oven.
- Once the rolls have risen, bake them for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Brush them with melted butter immediately when they come out of the oven and enjoy!