This zucchini walnut bread works great as a gifting idea. Whether it’s the holiday season or a “welcome to our neighborhood” gift, this zucchini walnut bread and the chocolate chip version perfectly fits the occasion.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup to top it
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C for 15 minutes. Line the loaf pan/pans with parchment paper and lightly grease it with non-stick cooking spray. I used 2 mini decorative paper loaf pans.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl mix together the ingredients listed under Part 2. Make sure that there are no brown sugar clumps. Use a whisk to dissolve everything thoroughly.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Now stir in the zucchini and 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and sprinkle the remaining walnuts on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Mine was done in about 38 minutes. Depending on the pan size you are using the baking time will vary.
- Remove the pan(s) from the oven and place it on a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing it.