Need an easy game day recipe that you can make during halftime? These Instant Pot buffalo-style chicken drumsticks take just minutes to cook – even better, they’re packed with flavor (thanks to our black truffle butter) and meatier than wings.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 packs Green Circle Chicken, Drumsticks
- ½ cup water
- 1 small Black Truffle Butter, melted
- ¼ cup Frank’s Red Hot, or other Buffalo-style sauce
- Celery and/or carrot sticks, for serving
- Ranch or bleu cheese dressing, for serving
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and cayenne pepper. Season chicken drumsticks all over with spice mixture.
- Add water to the bottom of the Instant Pot fitted with a rack. Pile drumsticks on top of rack, place the lid on in ‘sealing’ position. Set the Instant Pot to high pressure for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking is finished, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before completely releasing and removing the lid. While pressure is releasing, whisk together melted truffle butter and Buffalo sauce in a large mixing bowl.
- For tender drumsticks: Using tongs, remove drumsticks to from the Instant Pot and add to the bowl, toss well to coat and serve with celery and carrot sticks, and dressing on the side.
- For crispy drumsticks: Preheat broiler to high. Using tongs, remove the drumsticks from the Instant Pot and place on a rack set inside a rimmed sheet pan. Broil until desired crispness – we broiled for 10 minutes. Add drumsticks to the bowl, toss well to coat and serve with celery and carrot sticks, and dressing on the side.