Why will you love this easy and delicious apricot-glazed Catalina chicken recipe? Because it costs hardly anything to make and you can keep the three simple sauce ingredients in your pantry and chicken in the freezer. The tangy sauce for this simple chicken recipe is delicious over rice.
- 3 pounds chicken pieces
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/2 jar (about 6 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- Put chicken into a foil-lined baking pan. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Mix together the salad dressing, apricot preserves and soup mix. Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about an hour, or until chicken is cooked through. Baste occasionally with the sauce.