Caramel custard cake is really easy to make and a very impressive dessert. Start with caramelizing half a cup of sugar in a saucepan and once it turns into golden brown remove from the heat and pours it to a ceramic baking tin. Immediately pour the sugar into it so doesn’t get crystalized. Make sure you spread the caramelized sugar across the tin and set it aside. In another saucepan, you will pour two cups of boiled milk which has then cooled to room temparature.
- 1/2 cup – Sugar
- 2 cups – Boiled Milk
- 1/4 cup – Sugar
- 3 Eggs
- 2 tsp – Vanilla Essence
- Nutmeg Powder
- Hot Water
- In a saucepan add sugar, and caramelize it.
- Add the syrup to the bowl immediately.
- Make sure the caramelized sugar is spread on all sides of the bowl.
- Keep it aside to set for a while.
- In another saucepan, add milk, sugar, and stir it until the sugar dissolves.
- Once the milk comes to a boil, remove it and keep it aside to cool down.
- In another bowl add eggs and whisk them. Add vanilla essence and once it gets mixed with the eggs add in the milk mixture.
- Mix the mixture until everything blends well.
- Pour the mixture into the syrup bowls and sprinkle some nutmeg powder.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Pour boiling water into the cake tin until the bowls are filled halfway through.
- Bake it for 45-60 minutes at 180°C.
- Let them cool down and then refrigerate it for an hour to chill.
- Once they’re done chilling de-mold them and invert them on a dessert plate.