A popular Chinese takeaway dish that you can create in the comfort of your own home.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 500 gram minced beef
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 150 gram thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 440 gram thin fresh egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 wombok (napa cabbage), coarsely shredded
Heat vegetable oil in wok; stir-fry beef, onion and garlic until beef is browned.
Add curry powder; stir-fry 1 minute or until fragrant. Add carrot, celery and mushrooms; stir-fry until vegetables soften.
Add chicken stock, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce, fresh egg noodles; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add peas and shredded wombok (napa cabbage); stir-fry until wombok just wilts.