A simple, delicious and cost-effective meal
- 360g Meatballs
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas 300g dried pasta
- Preheat your (fan) oven to 180°C. Put the meatballs into an oven-proof dish and bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, put a large saucepan on medium heat. Pour in vegetable oil, then add the onion and cook until it begins to turn pale and soften, add the chopped and sliced carrots then stir.
- Pour in the tinned tomatoes, add a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper, and then allow the sauce to come to a simmer. Cover and leave simmering while the meatballs continue to cook.
- Once the meatballs have cooked, carefully spoon them into the sauce that is still bubbling. Pour in the drained chickpeas and stir.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Once cooked, serve the pasta and meatballs.