Balsamic chicken is tender, juicy coated with a simple and delicious honey balsamic glaze that is ready to go in just about 20 minutes. This easy balsamic chicken recipe is a crowd pleaser for sure. The combination of honey and balsamic is classic and delicious.
If you want t make a balsamic grilled chicken, used thin sliced chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can also achieve the same thing with regular chicken breasts- just sliced them in half horizontally for the same effect. This recipe would also work beautifully with boneless chicken thighs. To easily oil the grates. The first brush of any remaining food particles. With the grill off, wad up a bunch of paper towels and grab them with grill tongs.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup (120ml) fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 or 3 chicken legs (depends on your skillet size)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & whole peppercorns, to taste
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled, de-germed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl combine Balsamic vinegar, honey, soy sauce, peppercorns (or fresh cracked pepper), garlic and rosemary.
- Puree with a blender until smooth and set aside.
- Cut chicken legs. Season the chicken thighs and drumsticks with salt and fresh cracked pepper, all over and under the skin.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken pieces, skin side down, and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken skin side gets nicely browned.
- Turn chicken, so that skins sides are up and add the balsamic/honey mixture to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until done.
- Transfer chicken to plate and drizzle with pan juices.