Fluffy inside, crunchy outside, these roast potatoes are a perfect sidekick to any roast dinner.
- 3 large Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters1.5 litres vegetable stock, cooled
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the potatoes into a large pot with the cold vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for 2 minutes then strain, return them to the empty pot and allow them to steam dry. This increases the starch content and gives you those amazing fluffy insides!
- Put a teaspoon of vegetable oil in each cup of a 12-cup metal cupcake tin, then place the tray in the preheated oven for 15 minutes to get the oil really hot.
- Remove the cupcake tray and place one piece of spud in each cup. Be careful here as the oil will be insanely hot!
- Turn the oven down to 170°C and roast the potatoes for 25–30 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes or so.
- Keep an eye on them as they may need more or less time depending on your oven. When they’re golden brown and crispy, they’re ready!
- Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary, season to taste with salt and black pepper and enjoy!