Because you are a samosa lover, you can not resist this flaky samosa pastry, stuffed with a spicy, mouthwatering potato filling that’s deep-fried till golden.
- 1/2 lb potatoes peeled
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 small onion diced
- 1/4 cup green peas smashed
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 egg white
- Spring roll wrappers cut into 3 equal-sized rectangle pieces
- Oil for deep-frying
- Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes or until they are completely cooked through. Drained and let cool. Peel off the potato skin and break and mash the potatoes using the back of a spoon.
- Heat up a skillet and add the oil. Saute the onion until aromatic before adding the potatoes and green peas, curry powder, chili powder, sugar, and salt.
- Cook for a few minutes. Remove from the skillet and let cool.
- Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon of the filling and place at the top center part of a piece of wrapper. Brush the outer edges of the wrapper with the egg white, fold and form the Samosa into a triangle.
- Pinch the edges and all corners to make sure they are sealed tight and there is no leakage. Repeat the same until the filling is used up.
- Deep fry the samosa at 350°F until golden brown.
- Remove from the oil using a strainer or slotted spoon, and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Serve warm.