Ground Beef and Barley are served with colorful vegetables and a burst of lemon. Try this hunger satisfying recipe today.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14 to 14 1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef, mushrooms, onion, carrot and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into 3/4-inch crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in broth, barley, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peas; continue cooking 2 to 5 minutes or until barley is tender. Stir in parsley and lemon peel.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.