These Soft and delicious mini orange cakes are a sweet pleasure for breakfast or as a snack: very soft, delicious and fragrant, perfect with tea but also suitable to be taken to school or to the office.
- 150 g of 00 flour
- Heaped teaspoon of baking powder
- 125 gr margarine or butter or 100 gr. of oil
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 130 g of sugar
- 1 untreated orange
- a pinch of vanilla
- 3-4 tablespoons of milk
- Turn on the oven at 200 degrees. Grease 6 small loaf pans (8×5 cm) well with margarine.
- Add the flour and baking powder and sift them.
- In another bowl, mix the margarine with 80 g of sugar (keep the remaining 50 g aside) until the mixture is white and frothy, then incorporate one egg at a time, adding a spoonful of flour: add the second egg only when the first is perfectly blended.
- Add the vanilla and the flour mixed with yeast a little at a time, mixing well after each addition; when the mixture starts to become dry, add the milk.
- When the mixture is creamy and well blended, add the grated orange peel and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into the molds and bake for about 20 minutes (check with the toothpick test anyway)
orange, filter the juice and mix it with the 50 g of sugar that you have kept aside. Spread the mixture on the still warm cakes.
- Wait half an hour, then unmold the plumcakes and let them cool on the wire rack.
- If you don’t consume them immediately, they will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container.