This Yogurt butter Cake is delicious. It’s perfectly sweet, but not overly sweet. It gets slightly crisp on the outside while being super soft on the inside.
- 245 grams (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 175g butter, room temperature
- 130g Caster Sugar (Original recipe uses 200g)
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Sift flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter, and caster sugar medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Add in the pinch of salt in the middle of the beating.
- Add in eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition. If necessary scrape mixture off the side of the mixing bowl to make sure all are well beaten.
- Fold in sifted flour mixture in 3 batches.
- Next yoghurt and fold thoroughly till combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C for about 35 to 40 minutes or when skewer inserts in the centre and come out clean.
- Remove cake from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer cake to rack and cool completely before cutting it.