It’s a pleasure to serve this moist cornbread to family and guests. Honey gives it a slightly sweet taste. Most people find it’s difficult to eat just one piece.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, beat the eggs. Add cream, oil and honey; beat well. Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.