This easy sponge cake is soft, fluffy, and light as air! It’s a simple recipe for basic sponge cake made with basic ingredients for an easy, simple sponge cake that’s moist and soft!
- 5 Large Eggs, Room Temperature
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 170g Cake Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2tbsp Melted Butter
- Sift cake flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Beat eggs and sugar over low speed in a mixer for 30mins or until the batter is thick and creamy (or you can write a letter “O” on the surface of batter and it should stay there for few seconds)
- Add in melted butter spoon by spoon. (I used a spatula to fold in for this and flour)
- Slowly add in flour mixture, also spoon by spoon until batter well combined.
- Pre-heat oven at 180c and also heat muffin pan in the oven at the same time.
- Remove muffin pan, brush butter on the bottom and side of each muffin mould.
- Pour batter into muffin mould (about 80% full), bake for 20-25mins or until golden brown.