This eggless Greek yogurt olive oil cake is simple yet satisfying, with the fruity flavor and aroma of the olive oil and perfect sweetness. Add some lemon or orange zest for a zingy flavor and taste.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 flax egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Line a 9-inch or 8-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and lightly grease it with non-stick cooking spray. Make the flax eggs and set it aside for it to become gooey.
- Mix all the ingredients listed in Part 1 except for the baking powder in a large bowl. After mixing all the wet ingredients, add the baking powder and mix well. Let it sit for about 5 minutes until the mixture foams up.
- Now add the flour and salt listed in Part 2.
- Mix well with a wooden spoon or electric beater.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-55 minutes in the preheated oven or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf cake comes out clean. Mine was done in 50 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool it on a wire rack. After about 20-30 minutes, remove the cake from the pan and place it on the rack to cool completely before slicing. Once the cake is cool, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of it and then slice and serve.