A refreshing light tasting cake made with fresh squeezed lemon juice and olive oil. The lemon glaze soaks into this poke and pour cake for delightful lemon flavor in every bite.
- 1 2/3 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Yoplait® Original French vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- Lemon Glaze2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Grated lemon peel for garnish, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9-inch springform pan, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- In large bowl, mix granulated sugar and eggs with mixer on low speed until blended. Add olive oil, yogurt and 1 tablespoon lemon peel; mix until blended. Beat in flour mixture until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake 15 minutes on cooling rack. Remove side of pan. Carefully poke holes in top of cake with fork every inch.
- In small bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil and powdered sugar with whisk until blended.
- Drizzle cake with glaze. Sprinkle with additional grated lemon peel.