Unlike most pumpkin desserts, this dessert is light and fluffy like a sponge. If you want something a bit richer, you can always add a scoop of pumpkin or vanilla ice cream on top.
- Pumpkin puree 100g
- Milk 45g
- Vegetable oil 55g
- Cake flour 90g
- Eggs 5
- Sugar 70g
- Lemon juice a few drops
- In a bowl, mix milk and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Add in cake flour and pumpkin puree, mix until smooth.
- In another bowl, separate the eggs. Add the egg yolks into the batter, mix until well combined.
- Add sugar and lemon juice into the egg white, use a hand mixer, beat in a low speed until the sugar dissolve, then in a high speed, beat until it forms soft peaks.
- Take a scoop of whipped egg white to fold into the batter, pour the batter back into the whipped egg white and fold the egg white into the batter.
- Get the cake pan ready. Pour all the batter into the cake pan and give it a few tap to get rid of the big bubbles.
- Preheat the oven to 293℉(145℃) and bake for 50 minutes.
- Take the chiffon cake out of the oven; let it completely cool down on a cooling rack.