Enjoy pizza with Ground Beef, onions and peppers in under thirty minutes.
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin, separated into rings
- 1 small green or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) thick prebaked pizza crust (12-inch)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F. Heat large nonstick over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Remove drippings. Add onion and bell pepper; cook until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from skillet with slotted spoon; season with salt and pepper.
- Place pizza crust on baking sheet. Top with beef mixture, then cheese. Bake in 400°F oven 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Cook’s Tip: Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed Ground Beef. Ground Beef should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F. Color is not a reliable indicator of Ground Beef doneness.