Tangy lemon cake that you can make and bake all in one pan. Could it be any easier?!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large Land O Lakes® Egg
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil, melted3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in prepared pan. Make 2 indentations in flour mixture. Set aside.
- Combine egg and lemon zest in bowl with fork; pour into 1 indentation. Pour melted Butter with Canola Oil in other indentation. Pour milk over all; mix well. (Some lumps will remain.)
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired glazing consistency in small bowl. Spread glaze over cooled cake. Sprinkle top of cake with additional lemon zest, if desired.