This raspberry ricotta cake is super moist, fluffy, a bit sour, a bit sweet and very delicious! this raspberry cake is really easy to make, all you need is one bowl and few minutes of work. A perfect light cake for weekends, for parties and holidays.
- 2 cups (250g) All-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (150g) Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ (370g) cups Ricotta
- 1/2 cup (120g) Sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (125g) fresh or frozen raspberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- Lemon zest from one lemon
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) round baking pan with parchment paper and grease the bottom and the sides of the pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add ricotta cheese, sour cream and beat until combined.
- Add egg, one at the time, beating until combined after each addition. Add vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and beat until combined.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Fold in 3/4 cup of the raspberries. Pour the batter into prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for about 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. After 40 minutes of baking, cover with aluminum foil to keep it from browning further.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 15-20 minutes, then release from the pan and allow to cool completely or serve warm.