This is a super simple cookie made only with egg yolks, the process is the same as any butter cookies but the outcome of this recipe will blow you away with the addition of orange and lemon extract.
- 1 cup (227 grams) butter or shortening
- 1 1/2 cups (312 grams) granulated sugar
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 cups (320 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 1/4 cups (250 grams) granulated sugar just for rolling cookie balls
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy
- Beat egg yolks in a bowl then add all extracts till combined
- Slowly add all dry ingredients together and beat till cookie dough is smooth.
- Place a walnut-size cookie ball or use a small cookie scoop and roll each cookie in granulated sugar
- Place on a greased baking sheet or use parchment paper
- Place 2 1/2 inches apart cookies will spread
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes depending on the temperature of your oven.
- Makes 40 cookies