These yummy, sweet buttery treats have an amazing crisp texture and just melt in your mouth. To make these shortbread cookies, you only need this easy and simple recipe and just five ingredients you can easily find in your kitchen.When stored properly, these cookies keep for weeks and you can make the dough in advance for on-demand treats!
These shortbread cookies pair perfectly with a cup of tea, coffee, or juice and make for the perfect snack.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour 180g
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature (142g)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt optional
- In a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat together the butter and vanilla extract until creamed.
- Then add in the confectioners’ sugar and salt and mix on low until well combined. Scrap down the bowl as needed.
- Add in the flour while beating on low and mix until combined. Scrape down the bowl once more.
- Shape the dough into a rectangular brick and wrap it in plastic then chill for at least one hour until firm.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper set aside.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and use a sharp knife to cut ½ inch thick slices
- Place the slices, spaced at least an inch apart onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a fork or skewer to create a pattern on the top side.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes, rotating baking sheet in the oven halfway through.
- Transfer to a wire sheet to cool.